Wednesday 14 January 2015

Mick Garris audio interview!


So I've been sitting on this interview for about two years now - well, about a year and a half!

The opportunity to interview Mick Garris was offered to me not long after I started writing for Monster Pictures. I didn't expect to be interviewing so soon. I was brimming with confidence and eager to take another big step towards my dream. It was short-lived - come the big day, I was racked with nerves! I only knew of Garris by his work on The Stand, so I studied hard and fast in an effort to deliver the goods!

As much as I would've liked to have shared this upon completion (back in 2013), today is just as fitting. It is the eve of the release of Unbroken (here in Melbourne) - Angelina Jolie's new film as director. Those of you with a keen eye may have spotted Garris' name on the poster - taking an executive producer credit. As you'll discover later in this interview, Garris' involvement in the film is of significant interest!

As a first-timer I was extremely lucky to interview Mick Garris. He was incredibly forthcoming with his answers. It was as close to a conversation as I was gonna get first time out - something an interviewer must master I imagine. My introduction was purely speculative at the time but Garris transcended every character trait I had formerly pieced together!

Before we begin, I would like to thank Leslie Morris for organising and producing this little milestone in my life.
Along with Shawn Hunt and Paul McVay, you can find Leslie regularly musing on creature features from yesteryear at: http://creaturefeaturepodcast.com/. Well worth a listen!

Anyway, the link below will transport you to the aforementioned interview - just hit play!

https://archive.org/details/MickGarrisFinal

No comments:

Post a Comment